Topband: 1820 Intruder

To: <Topband@contesting.com>, "160m QTH" <160m@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Topband: 1820 Intruder
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:01:29 -0400
There is a slowly off-and-on keyed "buzzy" signal just above 1820kHz that
K9DX, AA1K, and myself are hearing.

It is slightly south of due east from K9DX, southwest of AA1K, and almost
exactly NE of my location (I'm ~30mi NW of Macon GA) .

I didn't look up John and Jon's locations, but I'm around 33 03 N and 84 04
W.

Perhaps this places the source somewhere within a few hundred miles of
Washington DC.

Perhaps someone closer might hear it when mobile or during the daytime, or
we can get some other directional headings.

73 Tom