Topband: Reflector

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Reflector
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:35:39 -0400
        I just deleted about 50 failure notice messages that
were bounced back to the reflector from various ISP's.  These
were apparently in response to messages (spoofing the
reflector as the sender) that contained viruses.

        Just for everyone's information, I believe it is impossible for
the reflector to send viruses because we cannot send attachments.
Besides, in moderated mode, the moderator must approve each
message that goes out.

        No more comments on this are necessary...if you don't
have an anti-virus, you can get a free one here, and remember to
update the signature files regularly:
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

73, Bill W4ZV