Re: Topband: Antenna on small lot

To: <Hal553@aol.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna on small lot
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 07:59:22 -0700
Hal,

Try an inverted L (40 ft vertical, 50 ft horizontal). Feed the
wire against ground with the appropriate impedance matching
network and as many ground radials as you can get down.
You will be suprised at how much DX you can work with
such a system (even with 100 watts). The key is the radial
system. You can use a similar arrangement on 80 meters.

I used a similar arrangement with only a 27 ft vertical section
and got surprisingly good results with about 25 random
length ground radials (average length about 50').

Good Luck!