Topband: RE: 746pro and dx

To: "reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE: 746pro and dx
From: "Gary Nichols" <kd9sv@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:18:28 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Nichols [mailto:kd9sv@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 7:00 AM
To: Topband-Request@Contesting.Com
Subject: 746pro and dx

I have not been getting up in the mornings much but was pleasantly surprised
to hear KL7J this morning with a decent signal on my "summertime" antennas.
Been test driving an Icom 746pro of
K5ZG's and comparing it to my Corsair II.  Afraid I have to give the edge to
the pro even though I'm not used to the Pro yet and have been using the
Ten-Tec Corsair II for over 10 years. BTW, the receive antennas and linear
work fine with the 746pro, and the little band scope is very nice...de gary,
kd9sv