Re: Topband: QRN at VK9XG and sunrise peak

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Robert Marshall-Read" <rmread@starhub.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QRN at VK9XG and sunrise peak
From: "Milt Jensen" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:59:54 -0700
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
To: "Robert Marshall-Read" <rmread@starhub.com>; <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 6:24 AM

> Another important thing for everyone (especially DX stations)  to remember
> is the band often peaks at times other than the eastern end sunrise, and
the
> signals often skew a great deal at long distances.

Proved consistently over a continuous 3 week period from XZ0A.  The XZ
sunset path to NA was there every day at a stronger level than the direct
path, for a period of 1 to 2 hours.  Then the path from the SE would go away
and the direct northerly path would be the only one available.

I am a believer.  I know.  I was there.  I constructed the antennas and I
did a lot of the operating, in particular the spectacular last night
opening.

...-.- .. de Milt, N5IA