Topband: Group delay distortion in receiver filters

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Group delay distortion in receiver filters
From: Joe Tik Mok <joemok@Physics.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:15:56 +1100
Hi there,

I'm a research student in the field of optics. Recently I'm studying the effect of group delay ripple/phase distortion on an optical pulse. I wonder if there's such an analogy in the electrical signal processing? It seems to me that this is actually rather thoroughly understood in signal processing but not in the optics.

P.S. I'm looking along this line: group delay ripple causes phase disortion and crates echo pulses.

Thanks, Joe