Topband: Tuning Titanex V80 - HLP!!!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Tuning Titanex V80 - HLP!!!
From: jlopez@plasticosomega.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:48:34 -0500
Hi,
I have installed a Titanex V80E as fixed, and because I have found some measurements that have no sense for me I didn`t install the tunning box without further exploration.

I installed four Elevated radials of about 20 mts (66 ft) at 10 ft over the ground, the radials (copper with pvc coating) run parallel to the antenna up to 10 ft were I install scattered around the antenna using some pine trees as a pole.

My tower`s base (36 feet high) with TH6 is abt 15 feet from the Titanex so I um unable to rotate completely, could this generate some kind of parasit influence?

My lot is fenced with chicken wire and the Titanex closest point to the fence is about 15 ft.

The readings obtained at the base using an MFJ-259B (No broadcast close to my QTH) are:
40 mts band:
7.025-swr:5.4-r:50-x:126
7.034-swr:5.3-r:46-x:120
7.150-swr:5.0-r:23-x:73
80 mts band:
3.311-swr:5.0-r:8-x:24
3.600-swr:2.2-r:50-x:50
3.700-swr:2.2-r:28-x:31
3.850-swr:3.1-r:14-x:23
160 mts band:
1.850-swr:21-r:1-x:19
2.571-swr:9.4-r:42-x:180
2.711-swr:6.0-r:50-x:140

I think that under the conditions shown before, with a tuning box at the base I will be able to work pretty good on 7.034 & 3.600 but what happened in 160 ? with an R value of 1 the cable could be melted, isn`t it?

Ideas to make my antenna fully operative for the next LB season welcome.

73's de Javier
yv5mbx