Re: [160m] RE: Topband: BCI Update

To: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>, <charlesh3@msn.com>,"'160m QTH'" <160m@mailman.qth.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [160m] RE: Topband: BCI Update
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:48:25 -0500
I appreciate all the help on this! It looks like the two FL stations are
ruled out based on the audio being different. We should always be careful to
verify the audio on the air is what schedules say it is, and that the
station in GA is really off the air. It is not unheard of for stations to be
on the air even without a license!

The only way to resolve this is to have stations in Florida, eastern
GA/SC/NC  with Beverages or other "good pattern" antennas get a general
heading of the strongest signal. Remember it is SSE, about 165 true, from
here (EM73).

The station is on 1470 (pattern won't matter) and the spurious is always
someplace between 1820 and 1840kHz, drifting and wobbling (a parasitic).
Last night it was 10-20dB out of noise here, so other people in the SE USA
should be able to hear it.

Please E-mail me info, and I'll report back when the station is located.

Thanks again,
73 Tom