Topband: Budget Rig Performance

To: "a Topband eGroup" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Budget Rig Performance
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:38:27 -0500
Paul,
  Check out the Yaesu FT-840, it has an excellent receiver on 160. I have
three broadcast band radio stations nearby, one of which is a 50 kw station
only 5.4 miles away. The only transceiver that is totally immune to overload
IMD at this QTH besides the FT-1000MP Mark V is the FT-840.
  It's missing VOX, a notch filter and DSP but has everything else of
importance and I think is now priced under $500. CW and AM filters are
optional and are around $100 a piece.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Yaesu FT-840 & PSK31 Digital Mode E Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yaesu_ft840
160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm
Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm
Friend Website Design www.kn4lf.com