Topband: TO4E Copied 579 in NA on 1822.5Khz

To: bernie@dailydx.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: TO4E Copied 579 in NA on 1822.5Khz
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 06:43:43 -0500
Hi Bernie & Bill

FWIW

On Saturday 6 Dec during the ARRL 160M test, I was tuning around just after 19z
and came across a large pileup of EU stations frantically calling someone.

A little digging and I soon found out who it was - it was TO4E on 1822.5
listening up.

I tuned to the QSX freq area and joined the calling on 1828 or so.

TO4E was RST 579 from 1922z until about 1949z when Dany said "QRT QRT QRT CU
all tmw...sri"

I was disappointed not to work them, but I did manage at least to HEAR THEM on
160m from NA which made me feel pretty good at the time.

I got so excited I even called W4ZV on the telephone and surprised Bill saying
"Hey Bill....listen to this" holding the phone to the speaker.  TO4E was so
loud Bill could copy them with ease Q5 over the loudspeaker down in North
Carolina."

So, while we may not yet be able to work them from here in NA, they are
managing excellent signal over here.  Sigh!  Well, at least I heard them and
that's some consolation.

Note that this was one FULL HOUR before my sunset here on Prince Edward Island.
 Signals were peaking from a due Easterly heading.

73 JEFF

VY2ZM

K1ZM@aol.com