[CQ-Contest] The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge VIII

To: contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>,TopBand <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge VIII
From: Lew <lew@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:42:42 -0800
The Boring Amateur Radio Club would like to thank the ARRL for recently completing the warm up competition for the 8th running of the Stew Perry TopBand Challenge which will rock the ionosphere Dec. 27-28.
The rules may be perused at:
http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html
Now you know which hardware improvements/adjustments/renovations should be done to optimize your unique situation...or not. Anybody from hard-core icons of TopBand wizardry to the Newbie who just found out the radio has a spot next to that big dial that says 1.8 can make a few or a lot of Q's.
Recognition for Participants come from the competitors themselves by sponsoring plaques for situations that they feel are important. The donor Stalwarts and categories already spoken for are listed below:
Sponsor Category
KL7RA Top QSO Total
K1PX Top Score, Single Op, Europe, Low Power
VK6VZ Top Score using Home-brew gear (VK5AX memorial-winner
receives RFDS Cap)
WA9IRV Top Score by Operator of own Station in
VE3,VE4,MN,WI,ND
N5IA Most Grid Squares worked
N5UL Top Score, Single Op, Low Power
Horned Toad Wireless Top Score, Single Op, Low Power, Rest of World
W7GG Top Score, Single Op, QRP
BARC Top Score by a Plaque Donor

You want immortality? You want fame? You see a category that needs channeling through you for expression in the TopBand world? Then simply commit to spend $50.00 and impart that idea to me. First come....first spoken for...first get! Several Stalwarts are pondering their categories as we speak so decide upon one and e-mail me directly. This Contest is what we all make it...and we all make it fun. The plaques from the 2002 event have all been sent out and should be arriving at the plaque winners QTH's currently.
73 and I remain,
Lew W7EW/W7AT
Boring Amateur Radio Club
P.O.Box 3110