Re: Topband: T9/9a2GZ?

To: Floyd Sense <sentek@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: T9/9a2GZ?
From: Bert Barry <kimba@sprint.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:08:29 -0500
Floyd Sense wrote:

> Anyone have an address or QSL info for T9/9A3GZ, who was active on 160 this
> past weekend?  The usual sources turn up nothing at all.  Hope it wasn't
> bogus!
>
> 73, Floyd - K8AC

Floyd

I hope so too, but don't be too optimistic.  I worked over 500 stns in the
contest and the only band I heard him on was 160, and he was giving out Serial
288 when I worked him. This means these must have been all on 160, which I
think unlikely, but not impossible, as he had many EU stns in the contest to
work. He has not yet sent a claimed score in to "3830", but you might keep an
eye open here if you need T9 on Top Band.

My apologies to Topbanders for calling and working him on frequency. I moved to
160 in my "contest mode" (after about 12 hours contesting) and called him on
freq. without thinking.  Before I could respond to the "Up, Up!", I heard him
calling me and had to complete the contact on his frequency.  Guess I deserved
the "LID" that someone delivered.  A true "Gentleman Topbander" would have been
more careful.

Bert,  VE3QAA