Topband: Hi again!

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hi again!
From: "f8bpn" <f8bpn@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:17:57 -0000
Hi again!

Sorry I made a mistake in my total score, I forgot to use my bonus! (x2 for
LP)
So my claimed score is:
Total:  QSOs = 252  Total Score = 1,375 x 2 = 2750 pts

About the DX window, it depends on what people mean with DX window. The
station who is not a DX for me would certainly be a DX for someone else.
NI6T who is not a DX for you over there would be a nice DX for me as I never
even heard California on Topband.
May be we should just call a DX a rare station, all that is very
subjective...( California is not a DX for most of you and Andorra is not a
DX for me...)
About spots on the DX cluster during a contest, it's certainly not fair to
use it when you plan to send your log for scoring, but again, one thing is
to see a "DX" on the cluster, second is to hear it, third is to work it
after being spoted and when there are 10 stations or more calling it. Better
is to turn the VFO and be the first to hear it, you have much more chances
to work it fast, because you have to remember that you are in contest and
that you are supposed to work as many stations as possible. I mean, many
times if you look too close to the DX Cluster you waste a lot of time, or
you are a big gun, but in this case it's the DX who will come to you....!!

Anyway, thanks to all who spoted me last night, some stations did pay a bit
more attention on my weak signal in the crowd.

Have a great sunday afternoon!

73/88 de F8BPN, Mau

f8bpn@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ph-martin/f8bpn