Re: Topband: dx window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: dx window
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:43:09 +0000

John K9DX wrote:

Most of this discussion revolves around contests ... As for daily operating ... I agree
there is little use for the window... the band is unfortunately not crowded
except in contests.

I agree. If everyone is expected to respect a 1810-1825 DX window for the JA's, and 1825-1840 for other DX, that leaves only 1800-1810 for domestic CW. But, I seem to recall, 1810 is supposed to be reserved as a QRP calling frequency, and 1800-1810 for "digital" modes. There are plenty of wide open spaces above 1900, but lots o' luck getting any response to a CQ on CW in that portion of the band.

Don K4KYV