Topband: 2 Wire Beverage Feedpoint Matching

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 2 Wire Beverage Feedpoint Matching
From: "Harry Williams" <willisw200@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 07:03:51 -0600
I have never wound a transformer before and could use some help. I am trying
to build a matching network for a 2 wire beverage. Antenna is 8ft high made of
#14 wire. Wires are spaced 12" apart and its 585 ft long. At the far end I am
not
using a reflection transformer...trying to keep things simple...so one wire is
open
and the other grounded. The feedline is 75 ohms. The cores on hand are FT82-75.
So if I use the data from "Low Band Dxing" I come up with the following:

T4 - Center tapped transformer: primary = 8t secondary = 29t
T1 - other transformer:             primary = 8t secondary = 21t

I came up with this by using table 7-12 in the book which suggests a turns ratio
for T4 of 3.8 and T1 of 2.6.

I have looked at other information on the internet and also in Misek's book and
see
other information that seems to be different than the above. Can anyone tell me
if
the data above seems ok or am I out in left field??

Thanks,
Harry
W0PIY