Re: Topband: Pennant Transformer

To: <wa4pgm@kinex.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pennant Transformer
From: "Doug Waller" <NX4D@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:46:28 -0500
Kyle, if you wind your own, use the FT114-77 toroid with 17 turns / 4 turns.
This will give you lowest SWR, least amount of turns and good common mode
isolation.  To realize the Pennant's modeled radiation pattern, you need
super RF chokes on both ends of the feeder coax, one at the antenna
feedpoint, the other very close to the receiver.  I have good results with
FT150A-F's wound with 14 turns of mini coax.

Finally, forget the Pennant and build a Flag instead, for a real increase in
performance.

73, Doug / NX4D