Topband: No Amidon FT140-43 Here

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: No Amidon FT140-43 Here
From: <lance@diac.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:19:33 -0700
I normally do NOT like to add to the "noise" on the reflector, but want to
clear this up NOW.

The PENNANT BOX sold for $39.95 (POSTAGE PAID) by Lance Johnson Engineering
does NOT use and NEVER has used the Amidon FT140-43 core described by Earl K6SE.

Earl is apparently confused with some other manufacturer as this topic has been
extensively discussed in various articles in the the LOW BAND MONITOR.
http://www.qth.com/lowband

I agree that the Amidon FT140-43 setup was always a dog, as our initial
comparative field tests indicated this.

Again, the PENNANT BOX sold by Lance Johnson Engineering does NOT use the
Amidon FT140-43.

73, Lance Johnson
OWNER - Lance Johnson Engineering