Re: Topband: Key Clicks Observation From Weekend

To: "Bill Fisher, W4AN" <w4an@contesting.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Key Clicks Observation From Weekend
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:38:44 -0800
I was having lunch with a friend last Friday who just
happens to be an ARRL official observer. He joked
that he had his pile of cards ready for all the FT1000MP
owners who would  be on in the 160 contest. In response,
I told him jokingly "make sure you give N7 so-and-so
an OO notice, as he has the most obnoxious clicks on his signal."
Well, wouldn't you know that I heard N7 so-and-so this
weekend and he sounded clean as a whistle, so perhaps
the message is getting out (either that or maybe he bought
himself an Orion). In any case, it was good to hear
one less dirty signal on the band. And in that spirit, I have
a copy of Tom's click mods for the FT-1000D in my briefcase
which I hope to have installed in the local club's FT1000D
before the CW sprint this weekend. Okay there I've said it
publicly so I'll be motivated to finally get it done. I've
been rationalizing using the unmodified FT1000D
the same way I rationalize the drag pipes on my Harley -
"well I don't use it very often, so it really doesn't bother
people too much", but lately I have been using that FT1000D
a lot, so that excuse isn't going to fly anymore... the Harley
on the other hand.........

Too bad about W1MK. That's a really lousy attitude to
have, especially coming from someone who is such an
avid (and accomplished) lowband contester. I would
expect that kind of attitude from one of those inbred pig
farmers on 75 meter phone, but MK should know better.
Perhaps he needs get to duped over and over again by
LIMA ONE DELTA during his next European run :):)

BTW, congratulations Bill (operator) and Tom (station
builder) on another out of this world 160 meter score. You
guys are truly the dynamic duo of topband contesting.