Topband: Fwd: 4S7 operation on 160m

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Fwd: 4S7 operation on 160m
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:43:31 -0500
Hello Topbanders,

Good news! Rudi DK7PE is on the DXpedition trail again!

73, Bill W4ZV

From 03rd to 8th of February a group of Lufthansa amateurs will be in Sri Lanka operating under individual 4S7 call signs. I applied for 4S7PEG and I will do the low bands. The others take care of SSB on the higher bands.

We are looking for a good place to operate from, but so far it is not confirmed for sure. I know it is not easy to reach North America from this part of the world. I remember 8Q7CW.

Anyway, I will try my best to put out a decent signal from there. I hope to meet some of you on 80 and maybe on 160m.

I red there was a group of 20 JA's operating all bands from 4S7 (last September). I don't know how efficient they were. Maybe there is nothing left to work...

Operators will be Frank-DJ3FK, Bernd-DK7TF, Karl-DL4FP and Rudi-DK7PE.

All the best!

73's Rudi/DK7PE