Re: Topband: Did anyone hear/work AK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Did anyone hear/work AK
From: "Brian Mattson" <k8bhz@myvine.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:02:51 -0500
Hello Ford & Charlie,

I heard & worked Les, KL7J, in 2002...From Michigan & Minnesota it is rare,
though

Brian  K8BHZ

Charlie wrote:

> Hi  Gents,
>
> Just curious...
> Did anyone hear or work AK during the CQ160 CW?  Noticed
> that several "missed" that state....me too.
>
> 73,
> Charlie
> N0TT

Near as I can figure, AK does not do 160M.  I've been on for years and have
yet to even hear an AK on 160M in MN.  If you find somebody in AKland, send
him/her my way too.  I've worked a sweep (minus AK) several times in various
160M contests.  I've got every other state and section booked many times
over.  I've even worked a JA from here (Ok only 1).  But AK?  Nope!

Around these parts, AK is the most needed NA entity, without question.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com