Re: Topband: Logbook of the World Poll Results

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Logbook of the World Poll Results
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:52:11 -0600
Several people have privately responded to my little poll about LOTW.  Some
need help converting file formats or data entry from paper logs, and others are
willing to help.  It occurs to me that I can help by matching people needing
help with those willing to contribute some time and skills.

For those that may need help with getting old files converted, or data entered
from paper logs, I have a very short list of people who have offered to help
out.  This may be a good option for some who have the skill to run a radio, but
are a bit handicapped when trying to make a computer 'sing.'

It occurs to me that there are many binarily challenged people around the world
that are willing to use LOTW, but at a loss as to figure out how.  And there
are others that are willing to use their computer prowess to fill the LOTW
databanks with Qs.  If you fall into either camp, drop me an email and I'll
form a summary list and post it.  N0FP@arrl.net

Those needing help:
Describe what data nightmare you are facing Re:LOTW.  E.g. paper logs, flat
files in the wrong format, multiple QTHs, corrupted logs, etc.

Those willing to help:
Describe what skills you are willing to offer.  E.g. data entry from paper
logs, text file to cabrillo conversions, etc.

Let's see if we can fill the LOTW with some logs from around the globe.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com