Re: Topband: BDR redux

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BDR redux
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:00:14 -0600
The R4C AGC was discussed and even modified in a CQ magazine article back in the
80's by W3RJ. It took the flatness out of the AGC clamping area so that signals
that were between S7 and 30 dB over S9 would vary in volume by about 3 dB
instead of the stock 0 dB. The thought was to allow some loudness separation by
your ear.

That being said, how hard would it be to find the Orion AGC parameters that
would cause the exact same AGC characteristics as the R4C?

73,
Tim K3LR