Topband: too good to last !

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: too good to last !
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 12 Feb 2004 06:46 GMT
>From the 1st of February on the attenuation on high altitude pathes has been
>pretty low and yielded a good share of DX.
Highlights wre KH6AT,W6RJ and N6LF,N6CT.Even KL7 was in for a few EUs.Surprise
was UA0LKM/mm off the Mexican shore with a solid 559 here in EU.Saltwater paid
off for him.The 4V finally made solid appearances on the band.
South america was active as well, but more or less the "regulars" were the ones
who did the show.But after 10 days of a "feeding frenzy" the auroral activity
picked up to a level 7 now, and it looks like we have time now to put up more
aluminum,lay out more wires and prepare coffee for the next lowdown-"showdown"
on 160.This short summary is not written for "the ones in the know", but for
the many co-readers on this reflector.
cu on 160   de wolf   df2py