Re: Topband: Conditions last night

To: "Robert Marshall-Read" <rmread@starhub.com>,"'Ford Peterson '" <ford@cmgate.com>,"'Steve Lawrence '" <smlx@earthlink.net>,"'topband '" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Conditions last night
From: <wb6tza@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:08:17 -0800
I NEVER take tail enders, and have even stopped pileups and instructed
NO TAILS - wastes everyone's time getting fills.  Once I pick on a
signal, (usually a partial) I don't want to hear anyone else until I
am done.  Topband propagation/noise presents plenty enough of a
challenge, extra people transmitting at the wrong time just makes it
take longer and longer.

It is also incumbent on the DX station to maintain a steady technique
so folks DO know when to transmit.  The experienced DX ops can be
worked quickly if you listen and determine their technique and follow
it.  Most send K or X or UP or their call to indicate they are ready
for callers.  Before then, silence is golden.

Robin, ZA/WA6CDR,XZ1N,XZ0A