Topband: Vertical again

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Vertical again
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:03:12 +0100
Thanks to all who sent me answers to my questions.
One of them was from Rick N6RK and I'v found his web site
http://www.n6rk.com/irrigation.html  very helpful, it can be useful
for those who are going to make a Vertical.

Anyway still one problem is not clear for me.
If I will make 30m high vertical and I will add a "hat" on the top
is it better to use "isolating trap" between the top and the hat in
the case of 80m?
Such system is described in ON4UN book /with 27m high tower/.
I'm afraid that horizontal wires of the hat will deform a radiating
characteristic of antenna on 80m and it will produce more energy
in higher angle ,if so is such a "isolating trap" a solution?

                        73
                      Rys

                   SP5EWY
                 rtym@ippt.gov.pl