Topband: Re: Local noise

To: "Top Band Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Local noise
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:18:18 -0600
"At the suggestion of a number of people, I have put a 30-second MP3
recording of my noise on my web site at www.qsl.net/n4zr/160noise.mp3.
I'd
appreciate it if anyone who has time (and maybe an oscilloscope) could
give
a listen and tell me what you think this is.  The recording was made in
AM
mode on my Mark 5, with 6 kHz bandwidth."

Thanks!

73, Pete N4ZR

Pete,

I think it's common line noise (QRNN) probably coming in from quite a
distance, say 5 miles. It looses its 'edge' when it's piped in from that
far. I believe I hear some 120 Hz component to it.

GL,     Roy       K6XK/0