Topband: Condx last night

To: "Topband@Contesting.Com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx last night
From: "Ron Spencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:32:16 -0500
>From N4XD, Raleigh, NC

Band was very quiet and full of loud signals. Some rolling qsb. Heard: EA,
ON, LY, UA, F, GI, HB9, DF2PY( as always a FB signal), SM, SV3, 5B4, ZS6UT
(first time this year I've heard him and he was loud), G (many G stations),
WP2Z, J79, P40. I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Then KH6Cc was in for a long while with a FB signal. Alas, no ZK3.

YK1AO was in pretty well and thought I could work him.....until spotted on
packet. Then those that could "kind of" hear him showed up and well, all
bets were off. I'm guessing he had quite a bit of QRN/ QRM as he was not
hearing signals from anywhere very well. Makes me think that spotting rare
ones on packet just might not make sense.....

In any event a fun evening worth staying up for.

Good DX

Ron
N4XD