Topband: spots and messy pileups

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: spots and messy pileups
From: KH6DV@cs.com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:21:49 EST
I dont believe that packet and internet spots are the cause of messy pileups.
The problem is bad behavior by those who read the spots, and then do what
poor operators are famous (infamous) for.

A large number of us use the spots as a propagation tool and not just a list
of what pileup we should mess up next.  This may make me one of the "guns
don't kill, people do" types but I just do not see the system as the problem.

Read the list of "please dont do this" accumulating on this reflector and if
you are guilty, adjust your operating habits. Others are noticing.

Ron KH6DV