Topband: Fw: KH6ZM Pileup and Operating Manners

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Fw: KH6ZM Pileup and Operating Manners
From: "Rolf T Salme" <rolf.salme@telia.com>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:25:32 -0500
Hi all,

A remark on Eric's remarks:

> P.S. I wonder how many besides myself seriously
> believe that we should do something to curtail and/or
> attenuate computerized spotting. They are definitely
> causing more harm than good.

When I was a DX myself and a frequent spot on clusters,
I never realized the possible benefits of a pile-up suddenly
growing from 50 to 500. On the contrary, I think I often
had reason to question the virtue of clusters. I know that
they are here to stay, but clusters do not always provide
sunshine at the DX end.

AMOF, I tend to agree with Roy's dog & CB radio metaphor.
I'd rather do the sniffing myself.

73,
Rolf
SM5MX, ex. XV9SW et cetera