Re: Topband: Beverage feedline suggestion

To: rodman@buffalo.edu, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage feedline suggestion
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:37:22 -0400
David,

1000 feet of RG-6 is not a problem for a 1.8 Mhz fed.  The loss is not
significant.  Mort important is a good quality RG-6 for long term
stability and a good matching transformer at the feed point.

Good Luck,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ.

David J Rodman MD wrote:

The only problem is the coax feed line is approx 600' from my beverage coax switch and another 200' to the station. If the antenna is to be used on 160 and 80m, what feedline is suggested to maximize signal and minimize cost. Right now the antenna is fed with "mini" RG59 and the antenna is at least 1 S unit less noise than my other two antennas. I presume the quietness is loss of signal from the feed line length. I haven't matched the antenna to the feed transformer yet, but it is hard to imagine that would be 6-10dB loss. Thanks for opinions. Dave.