RE: Topband: Delaware in phone contest

To: "'Jon Zaimes AA1K'" <jz73@verizon.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Delaware in phone contest
From: "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie@dailydx.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:30:07 -0000
I'm glad Jon posted this.  I could have sworn the ARRL Band Plan was for US
stations to xmit on SSB on 1843 and above.  I got on late both Friday night
and Saturday night and only worked or called US stations above 1843.  The
only stations I spotted below 1843 were DX.  I was also amazed by the US
stations who were transmitting on SSB between 1800 and 1802.6 (that is out
of the band!).  There were also several US stations that did not read the
rules and were CQing in the "CQ DX Window".  Clearly a violation of the "CQ"
rules.  I am also very disappointed in CQ Magazine for not supporting the
ARRL Band Plan.  Maybe next year I shouldn't participate if CQ continues to
promote the violation of the ARRL Band Plan.

For the record I am not in favor of being restricted to transmitting below
1843 on SSB.  However this is the "band plan" our national society has come
up with and I will abide by their decision!

73
Bernie, W3UR

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Editor of The Daily DX, The Weekly DX and How's DX.