RE: Topband: Antennas, Guy Ropes, and High Winds

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Antennas, Guy Ropes, and High Winds
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:58:12 +0100
I can recommend the TITANEX V 160 HD. Selfsupporting - No guying.
It has been up 2 seasons now. It bends over in stormy weather but goes back
to straight vertical once the wind is slowing down.

73  Rag LA5HE

Wow a 90 foot tube vertical! what is this irrigation tubing like?
Aluminium? diameter?wall thickness? How do you raise a 90 footer?
I am contemplating a puny 40 footer (or maybe a bit more), I can get ali
tubing of  2mm and 5mm wall thickness in 16 metre lengths, any info on
construction online?

73, Deni
F5VJC, GM3SKN

Subject: Topband: Antennas, Guy Ropes, and High Winds

> We had a "last winter storm" blow through here yesterday that destroyed my
90 foot irrigation tube vertical. Very frustrating, the thing made it all
through the winter snow and ice when I was only able to operate from the
cold shop