Re: Topband: 3B9C In Florida/ Receive Antennas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 3B9C In Florida/ Receive Antennas
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:11:03 -0500
The simple answer is yes!

I live in Washington, DC on a 1/8 acre lot, bordered by power/telephone
feeders and within eyeshot from my roof of more transmitters from lowband
through microwaves (the "if I tell you I'll have to kill you" users) than
you can shake a proverbial stick at.

I have a 1/4 wave vertical for 160 on a fiberglass mast tied to my rear
deck and three EWE's (S, W, and NE). The NE EWE really makes a difference
  when compared to the vertical.  I can send pictures if you like.

Go for it... it's only wire!

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC