Topband: What an opening!

To: "Topband post" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: What an opening!
From: "Jon Rudy-MCC Asia Peace Resource" <mccapr@myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:12:02 +0800
Contrary to popular belief (and opinion) I can hear!

The opening last evening/morning in the US was spectacular and sustained.  I
logged stations from coast to coast, Montana to Texas and all call areas except
the NE W1. During the whole US sunrise session 23 stations were put in the log
which is the biggest US opening ever in my nearly 2 years of low band operating
from the Philippines.  I was using my 030 degree pennant most of the time as it
yielded the lowest s/n.

Folks, its for payoffs like this that I sit hours calling CQ on 1828.3 up 1!

I will be on the regular time for the next few days and then will take a break
during the Easter holiday (Thursday to Sunday).

73...jon

Jon Rudy
DU9/N0NM
Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines