Topband: Relay

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Relay
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennis.peterson@machlink.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:54:43 -0600
Can someone provide me with a schematic diagram for the following type relay

Wheelock Standards
Mfg by Signal Engineering & Mfg Co. in N.Y.
coil is 115VAC 60~ @ 10 Amps
type RX-179-1S71-5125P1
Model CH291532

I believe it is set up for an antenna switching Relay.  In the off position
the contacts are down so I assume it is NC, when power is applied the
contacts are up.  There are three SO-239 connectors on the unit,a txcvr
input connection and two ant out positions.  One antenna out put connection
shows continuity when not energized NC position I would guess while the
other gains continuity when the relay is energized and the contacts open.

The unit was a gem as it was given to me by another ham who didn't have any
use for it.

Would like to use it for disconnecting my transmit antenna during receive
conditions and have it become active when transmitting.

Any help most appreciated, since this is for 160 meters; I hope this is a
legal question for the reflector.

Dennis  KØCKD

I couldn't seem to find ON4UNs article of same in either of his books.
---