Re: Topband: TRANSCEIVER WITH SEPERATE RECEIVER?

To: "GALE STEWARD" <k3nd@yahoo.com>,"topband reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TRANSCEIVER WITH SEPERATE RECEIVER?
From: <wb6tza@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:23:07 -0700
A K2 works VERY well as either the primary or aux receiver.  Many use
2 full transceivers, sometimes wired both as TX/RX, and sometimes one
just as Rx only.  I used a TS940 and an R7 at N6LL for many years.
Having two sets of ears can make a huge difference.  There are boxes
to mix and switch the rx audio feeding the headphones...  having one
rx in phase and one out of phase can bring some startling results,
especially with the two receivers are fed from different antennas

73, robin, wa6cdr