Re: Topband: verticals

To: <W7lr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: verticals
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:31:39 +0100
Bob I always may count on your help!Thanks for the last remarks.
I have your previous e-mails to me printed and all this material is very
helpful for me to consider what solution in my case will be the best.
Well your last comment :

[ I don't know the answer for 100 feet - maybe
the input impedance would be something hard to match, and I would expect the
performance would not be much greater than for the 90 footer.  The hoisting
effort and the cost of good guy material would be greater. ]

Probably you are right but there are two reasons I'm going to build 100 ft
instead of 90ft.
First I'v hoped 10 ft difference on 160m in vertical portion will be
significant as there
will be shorter hat wires which additionally are sloping down and they probably
/?/
decrease total height of vertical.
The second reason is I will probably install from the top of such vertical two
elements wire Delta Loop on 80m and using 100 ft I don't need any horizontal
tube
I will just use ropes to have proper distance at the top between deltas.
I'm using such Delta system on 40m and its working very well.

I'v got so many advices from all of you and now I have enough "data" to choose
the best system for me.

     THANKS again for all,its really the most helpfull Reflector I'v seen.

                            73 Rys
                           SP5EWY