Topband: IMPORTANT NOTICE to Non-members

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: IMPORTANT NOTICE to Non-members
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 07:25:55 -0400
        Some apparently missed this on April 14, so I'm
reposting it.  If you have posted messages and gotten the
following response, you MUST READ THIS CAREFULLY:

Hi Folks,

        As you are probably seeing in your own mailbox,
we are becoming overwhelmed with junk mail.  About 90%
of all posts to the reflector are junk which is causing me to
spend more time than I really want going through them all
to sort good from bad.

        Until we figure out a better way to filter the junk mail,
I'm setting the reflector up as follows effective immediately:

1.  If you are a list MEMBER, your post will still be held
for moderation...i.e. NO CHANGE and you do not need
to read further.

2.  If you are NOT A LIST MEMBER, your post will
AUTOMATICALLY BE REJECTED by Mailman along with
a return rejection notice.  If you want to post, you MUST
do so from a valid subscribed address, or it will simply
never appear on my moderation screen.  If  you have an
urgent need to post from a non-member address,  for
example from an Internet Cafe while traveling, just send
your post to me instead of the reflector and I will forward it.

Information on subscribing is here:

Note that you can also set your subscription for "No Mail"
after subscribing, so you can read the reflector on the
web archive pages, not receive actual email messages,
and still post because you are listed as a member.

        I'm sorry I have to do this but this is the best
alternative I have at the moment to eliminate the ever
increasing amount of garbage.  Also, please do not
post messages about this to the reflector.  If you have
problems, contact me directly.

73, Bill W4ZV