RE: Topband: RX Loops

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: RX Loops
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 07:12:07 -0500
On Tue, 18 May 2004 07:48:01 -0400, Joe Subich, K4IK wrote:

>Unless the noise is being generated on one's own property (in
>which case, fix the noise), the noise will be, by definition,

If you live in the country, with no power lines, no utilities, and no cable,
that is certainly true. But it is definitely NOT if you live in the city. My
lot is
150' x 40'. On 160 meters, there are a dozen home in the near field or
quas-near field. Also within the near field are a power line (10 ft from my
property line and on my property), an electric powered metro train line
(60 ft from my property line), telephone lines (on my property), and two
cable TV systems (running below the power lines).

Jim Brown K9YC