Re: Topband: 160 vertical advice needed

To: "Dan Levin" <djl@andlev.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 vertical advice needed
From: Terry Conboy <n6ry@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 16:56:33 -0700
At 10:35 AM 2004-06-05, Dan Levin wrote:
Here is what I know.
1)       I will build a 74' vertical out of ~46' of Rohn pushup mast topped
with ~28' of aluminum stinger.

2)       Add three our four top hat wires at the 60' level to both guy the
stinger and resonate the antenna.

The 14 feet of the stinger above the top hat wires will carry very little current, perhaps 10% of the current in the vertical section below the wires. The higher up you can connect them, the better it will perform. If they were at the very top, the radiation resistance would rise to around 18 ohms (depends on the droop angle and number of top hat wires).

Terry N6RY