Topband: loops sharing a small power pole

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: loops sharing a small power pole
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-1@dfwair.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:15:20 -0500
re: installation of K9AY loops

I have a short pole nearby that I'm considering using as a support
for a pair of K9AY loops.  It is about 20' and it would be easy to
put pipe or PVC of some sort to get it up to the required 25+'.

However, my hesitancy is this:  it is my outside 'power distribution'
box -- it has a waterproof circuit breaker box with breakers
(Square D QO-series), that gets power to the barn &
chicken house, has an outlet, and a switchable light at the top.
The metal box and wiring is all at the 5' height or lower, except
the 3 wires going up to the light at the top.  (And the light isn't
installed yet, so I can pick a type that is quiet.)  The pole is quite
a distance from my xmit antennas.

Should I care?  Or better, will the K9AY loops care?
Comments appreciated.
--
Dave NØRQ