Topband: Question concerning linear trap performance

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Question concerning linear trap performance
From: W5UN <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:52:52 +0000
Has anyone here constructed a vertical antenna similar to that shown in
ON4UN's Handbook, Figures 9-34 and 9-35, and performed actual measurements
proving that the desired result was obtained.

If so, I would be most helpful to me in knowing if the linear trap actually
eliminates current flow in the tower section beneath the radials, and if
so, if current flow elimination in the trap circuit is equivalent to the
lower tower section (below the radials) effectively not being there at all,
insofar as system radiation is concerned (In other words, is the trap
equivalent to having insulators mounted in the tower legs below the radials).

73, Dave - W5UN                                         w5un@wt.net

homepage: http://web.wt.net/~w5un    Grid: EM23mg

RR 10, Box 27
Mount Pleasant, TX 75455