Re: Topband: Henry 3K-A 160 mts Band?

To: "Javier Remoto" <jlopez@plasticosomega.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Henry 3K-A 160 mts Band?
From: "George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:45:35 -0400
Javier,

I have not seen any mods for a Henry amplifier to 160 meters.  If you can
find an SB-220, it is much easier to make it a single band amplifier for
160, and there are articles on how to make the conversion from 80 to 160
meters and use higher bands.
I believe it is a lot easier than trying to rework the Henry, which I would
not do.

Most Henry amps have a roller inductor and fixed tuning capacitors in the
plate tank circuit, and one would have to add fixed inductance for 160 as
well as add padding capacitors to the existing capacitor.

Just my personal opinion.

73    es Buena Suerte
George