Topband: Beverage with coax

To: "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage with coax
From: "Rudy Severns" <rudys@ordata.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:33:09 -0700
Several years ago I put out a 900' Beverage using RG6 which is
relatively cheap here since it's widely used for TV.  There is a
reflection transformer and ground stake at the far end.  The antenna
runs through a dense forest supported on tree limbs.  It works very
well and the only problem I had was when the elk stumbled over the far
end.  Open or coax line would make little difference when an animal
the size of a cow jumps on it.  I just moved the ground stake next to
a tree so  they couldn't get at it so easily.  The rest of the antenna
is  high enough to clear the antlers.  The trees aren't large enough
that falling limbs are a problem.

73, Rudy N6LF