Topband: BEVERAGES

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: BEVERAGES
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@worldpath.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:50:52 -0400
Larry,

I look at it this way:

How to get the best bang for my buck without burying myself in minutia.

That said, the electrical and mechanical aspects of building a two wire Beverage are greater than a single wire unit AND, IMHO, the difference in performance is not that great.

IF you have space problems and need two directions from a single antenna, the two wire unit make sense. Misek and others have great information out there for you to use. You could use the K1VR single wire, double direction antenna from 73 Magazine. Two wires would give you four receive directions.

With all due respect to the engineers on this reflector, I'm just a lowly B school grad, four one wavelength Beverages pointed NE, SE, SW and NW is a reasonable field of antennas for 99% of the hams on the low bands.

There is no reason to make this any more difficult than it needs to be: build'em and the signals will come!

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

RADIOWARE AND RADIO BOOKSTORE
PO  BOX 209
RINDGE NH 03461