Re: Topband: K9AY Antenna Question

To: Kelley <kshaddri@myclearwave.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY Antenna Question
From: David Sinclair <k3ky@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:25:29 -0400
Here is a url for one of the excellent WA1ION website pages:
http://members.aol.com/DXerCapeCod/pennant.htm

There is plenty more on the site, so explore!
Bottom line is to use your coax feedline to also send out a DC
control voltage to tune your Vactrol remotely from the radio room.
73, David K3KY

Kelley wrote:
I just bought a few vactrol's from B G Micro for use in my K9AY antenna in
place of the fixed termination resistors. Looking at some older posts, it
appears that the way to use them is with a 1k pot connected to the 12v
supply. Is this how folks do this? There's really no documentation with the
vactrols, what about controlling current, etc.?

Thanks,

Kelley - WØRK