Re: Topband: inverted L favored direction

To: <epetek1@att.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: inverted L favored direction
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:53:01 -0400
Pete:

     I've modeled my 160M inv L and see something like a 1-2 dB gain
preference in the direction AWAY from the flattop at a very high take-off
angle.  But achieving this difference in real-life construction (among
trees, near another tower or a house, etc.) makes this discussion more of
academic interest than of practical significance.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F
<The difference between theory and practice in theory is less than the
difference between theory and practice in practice. >