Topband: Phased active anntennas on 160m

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Phased active anntennas on 160m
From: Paul and Abbi Elliott <paab@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:10:57 -0500
Does anybody have any design and/or construction information on a pair short vertical antennas without tophats or guys (but posibly with amplification at each antenna) for receiving on 160m? I am looking for a system that will give me more directivity and less high angle response than the small loop I am using. I hope to get a pair of antennas that can be easily moved around my yard (120 x 120 ft) to point in the direction of a desired DX station. I do not do contests so taking 10 or 15 minutes to change directions is not too high a price to pay, in a noisy urban environment, for better reception of a rare DX station.

Any information and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Paul W5DM (in New Mexico)