RE: Topband: SV5

To: <w8uvz@voyager.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: SV5
From: "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie@dailydx.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:48:11 -0000
George,
Both SV9 and SV5 are very rare here in North America on 160 meters.  I was
in email contact with the HA's before they went.  They know how rare SV5 is
on Topband for the US.  Unfortunately the location they are operating from
does not have room for 80 or 160 meter antennas.  They knew this before they
got their.  Laci told me if they are able to put something up on 80/160 they
would SMS me to let me know.  So far nothing heard.  Sure would be nice to
see some 160 meter activity out of SV5, SV9, 1A0, HV, R1MVI and SV/A for USA
(between September and March, not March and September!).  You're not the
only one George.  Hang in there.  Oh thanks for sending a BCS to the
upcoming FP/VE7SV guys.

73
Bernie, W3UR

Bernie McClenny, W3UR

Now more than ever - you need The Daily DX and The Weekly DX - to keep up
with the DX news from around the globe!

Editor of - The Daily DX <-- two free weeks http://www.dailydx.com/order.htm
          - The Weekly DX <-- free sample
http://www.dailydx.com/weekly2.html