Re: Topband: Quieting the transmit antenna duirng receive

To: "Thomas Kuehl" <ac7a@earthlink.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Quieting the transmit antenna duirng receive
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:27:19 -0400
If you use an MP, you can use the menu to set a running fixed delay between key down and power out on CW. This causes the entire cw waveform to be continuously delayed by up to 30 ms. This is like a very short "tape delay". This is not to be confused with the "vox hang" type delay that can also be set from the menu for CW.

Use dit or dah closure from the keyer to run the switching of amps and antennas, and set the MP's running delay to not transmit until enough time has passed for all the relay state changes to complete.

This kind of delay setting may exist on other rigs but I can't vouch for them.

73, Guy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Kuehl" <ac7a@earthlink.net>